Saturday, January 2, 2010

where was i again?

i cannot multi-project task.

annual green bay vacation photo books. postings of current pictures in on-line albums. finding my desk and the receipt for maddy's duplicate hat and mitten set. Christmas photo books. meal plannng. baby books. blogger. neither can my computer. so as it forbids me from looking through my friend's Christmas album on snapfish as i upload ours to shutterfly, i thought some thoughts and came over here to quickly jot them down.

because while i could be organizing the desk or putting clothes away (or calling united airlines, shed list item #1), i cannot convince myself that the computer can actually upload all by itself without my keeping it quiet company.

i hit 'edit posts' rather than 'new post'. there are plenty to edit. i forgot how much jotting i do. as an example, this, unpublished post #11 titled "the n word". i thought to myself, "what on earth were you about to say regarding the n word? the word that comes up so infrequently in our corner of the globe i practically forget it exists until february's black history month rolls round again?":

pbs doc shelter

in trying to decipher what the heck that meant i forgot what i ran over to jot down in the first place.

substitute caleb for on-line albums, maddy the fridge and owen my ransacked office corner. my jotted blogger notes for 50% of every request, story and quip i begin aloud. insert aggravation that i cannot accomplish what i seemingly should and yet always find time to eat whatever i want and direct that at the children, coupled with guilt for being short with them for no reason and voila. you have how well i multi-parent.

caleb raced to tell me something the other day, reached my attention and then stumbled over his lips. he furrowed his brow, squished his eyes and finally sighed, "oh. i just lost my words again."

i've heard that line before. as if it couldn't be any worse, i'm rubbing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i have nothing witty to say here, but i think it's fun when other people do.