Friday, March 27, 2009

looking up

i've grown so dissatisfied with myself.

1. i've lost my voice. i seem no longer anchored in my thoughts, and my speech and expressions rarely jive with what i really sound like.

2. i've lost sight of my vision. i take pictures in haste, in part because i know that date stamp will save me from complete and utter sorrow when i take a breath and realize they are no longer babies and i have no friggin' clue when maddy began crawling. hence all these terribly shoddy pictures i snap, knowing they aren't worth printing even before the image pauses on the screen.

3. i've stopped growing.

so.

1. write. here.
2. study. these new photoblog tutorials.
3. read. suggestions from lisa's book club.

see how i do with this before tackling the big monster: that sloth that has devoured my once obsessive desire to keep a place for everything and everything in its place and all of it clean. ya know. that whole 'homemaker' thing. and if i can slay the sloth, then maybe onto proper meal planning...

such lofty goals. getting back to where i was before i tripped and fell in this hole. with thanksgiving to God that all things can be course-corrected. even these dismal pictures of the kids given i find the time and proper photoshop suite... fix-it friday has been a real eye-opener.

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying reading your entries. Don't let Fix-it Friday's intimidate you one bit! Everyone starts at the beginning and goes from there. Keep taking those pictures even if you think they're less than perfect. You'll be glad you have them. I know when I look back on the very few pictures my parents took of me as a baby, I'm not worrying about the composition of the picture or the rule of thirds or any of that. I'm just glad they took them!

    ReplyDelete

i have nothing witty to say here, but i think it's fun when other people do.