Wednesday, May 13, 2009

newsworthy

this morning it is not the fda going after cheerios. now caleb thinks they are bad for us and positions we may as well allow him to eat cinnamon toast crunch every morning. with a side of apple jacks.

i suppose it could be worse, and he could be discussing with me whether miss california should lose her title.

i've had my head in the sand all week. intentionally. with spite. such are the petty day-to-day goings-ons. otherwise known as marriage which God gifts us to further refine ourselves. my flaws boil to the surface and then - well. they get a proper sanding down after i've cooled as i pull my head out again.

the family of a dear friend was involved in a boat explosion in tampa. our neighbor's scary dog finally did break his chain. he mauled the neighbor a yard over while we five were playing in our backyard, separated from where the dog was kept by a few mere feet.

for weeks i prayed every night God simply grant me an extension. just a little more time to do a little bit better. we got pregnant. i always thought that was kind of funny. not really the extension i meant.

i feel like i'm wasting this relatively easy span of time with sand in my eyes. but. i'm also very thankful we have this (relatively easy span of time) to work on the deeper crap no one has energy for once newsworthy happens.

1 comment:

  1. I've just spent WAY too much time reading your blog...and by that I only mean that I should be feeding my todder more than Otter Pops while I get sucked into your amazing writing!!! Truly, you have a gift. I'm glad you left me a comment yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

i have nothing witty to say here, but i think it's fun when other people do.