Friday, June 5, 2009

mapquest

up until these last 23 months i have been able to get around this earth all on my own detachable two legs. of course the children do not remember this. they live in the now where vern totes my butt all over creation lifting me into and out of the tahoe, up and down stairs, through narrow bathroom doorways and around cramped hotel rooms. he pushes, he drives, he gets all the luggage.

today my cousin called to say she and her four year old were talking about heaven. keira asking about what would happen to her body. my cousin telling her that in heaven we would get new, perfect bodies with no owies. they talked about her uncle rick and how his body was now in the ground, and up in heaven he would have a new one. with legs. i don't know what i think dad has up there. but what my niece said in reply is the giggle of the week:

"when uncle (vern) takes jen up to heaven, i think he might need a map."

because in this theory i might be perfect once i get there, but i'll still need vern to carry me up. i do not know what part i love more - that, or the bit about needing a map so he does not get lost en route.

1 comment:

  1. That is sweet. I hope vern doesn't get lost, either. I know he is resourceful, so I think you'll be OK. :)

    Keira has some good ones, doesn't she???

    ReplyDelete

i have nothing witty to say here, but i think it's fun when other people do.