Monday, April 12, 2010

sweet and heart

i sit all day. all. day.

i sit so much it is increasingly hard not to be in a sat position even when i can lie down flat.

there is not a lot of calorie burn in sitting. reaching. bending. my body can hardly make use of what i already eat in a day.

and yet there is a lot of extra cheap fuel sitting around in easter baskets. i do believe i spent all last week nabbing a reeses buttercup egg here, a chocolate bliss there, as i would pass by.

it finally struck me, and i considered my priorities and the mindless energy i was wasting. all those calories are going straight to storage, and i hardly take note how big my storage bill is until a few days later. when i become alarmed at how tight my jeans are on date night. that would be the 'finally' and 'struck' point.

little miss e gets her heart patched in a couple weeks. i decided if only i would swap a prayer for her and her parents, her surgical team and post-op nurses everytime i caught myself about to swipe another chocolate egg instead of actually doing so.

and so i have.

and wow. i go to rob my childrens' easter baskets more than even i realized.

i won't be noticeably thinner in two weeks. eisley's outcome will not be guaranteed because her aunt traded easter goodies for moments of prayer.

even so. this is is a bit of a work-out for me. this is energy very well spent.

1 comment:

  1. That is a good plan. I can't even imagine how many more prayers I would add if I did the same!

    ReplyDelete

i have nothing witty to say here, but i think it's fun when other people do.